Geoffrey A. Landis
Scientific Papers Available on the Web
You can find links to projects I've worked on here and there on the net. This list should not be considered exhaustive; for more, you might try searching Google or Kartoo or Google scholar
Papers available on the net:
Venus Related Papers
- Science magazine special issue on results from the Spirit rover at Gusev crater.
- Martian Water: Are There Extant Halobacteria on Mars?" Astrobiology Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 161-164 (2001). doi:10.1089/153110701753198927.
- Polar Landing Site for a First Mars Expedition, presented at the Founding Convention of the Mars Society, August 13-16 1998.
- Characterization of Martian Surface Deposits by the Pathfinder Rover, Sojourner
- Magnetic Shielding
- Effect of Inert Propellant Injection on Mars Ascent Vehicle Performance
- All of my papers on the Lunar and Planetary Institute site
- Papers presented at the 7th International Conference on Mars:
- Some other abstracts presented at Lunar and Planetary Science Institute sponsored conferences:
- G. Landis and D. Linne, "Mars Exploration with a Self-Refueling Hopper" (pdf file) presented at Concepts and Approaches for Mars Exploration, Houston TX, July 18-20 2000, Lunar and Planetary Institute Contribution No. 1062, pp. 187-188.
- "MATE and DART: an instrument package..." (pdf file) presented at Concepts and Approaches for Mars Exploration, Houston TX, July 18-20 2000, Lunar and Planetary Institute Contribution No. 1062, pp. 189-190.
- The Mars In-Situ Propellant Production Precursor, presented at LPI Mars Missions 1999 meeting.
- Characterization of Settled Atmospheric Dust by the DART Experiment
- Mars Solar Power
- Footsteps to Mars in pdf form, from the Journal of the British Interplanetary Society
- Dust on Mars: Materials Adherence Experiment Results from Mars Pathfinder
- "Origin of Martian Moons from Binary Asteroid Dissociation", AAAS - 57725, American Association for Advancement of Science Annual Meeting 2002
(all are pdf files)
Papers Relating to Interstellar Travel
Papers Relating to Space Photovoltaic Power, Power beaming, and Solar Power Satellites
NASA Glenn Research and Technology Report
Search for my NASA technical reports here:
Geoffrey A. Landis
Copyright 1998, 2007