Geoffrey A. Landis
Scientific Papers Available on the Web
You can find links to projects I've worked on here and there on the net. This is an old list, dating from 2007, which I am no longer updating, but many of these are still available on the web. The list should not be considered exhaustive; for more, you might try searching Google or Google scholar
Papers available on the net:
Venus Related Papers
- Martian Water: Are There Extant Halobacteria on Mars?" Astrobiology Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 161-164 (2001). doi:10.1089/153110701753198927.
- Polar Landing Site for a First Mars Expedition, presented at the Founding Convention of the Mars Society, August 13-16 1998.
- Characterization of Martian Surface Deposits by the Pathfinder Rover, Sojourner
- All of my papers on the Lunar and Planetary Institute site
- Papers presented at the 7th International Conference on Mars:
- Some other abstracts presented at Lunar and Planetary Science Institute sponsored conferences:
- G. Landis and D. Linne, "Mars Exploration with a Self-Refueling Hopper" (pdf file) presented at Concepts and Approaches for Mars Exploration, Houston TX, July 18-20 2000, Lunar and Planetary Institute Contribution No. 1062, pp. 187-188.
- "MATE and DART: an instrument package..." (pdf file) presented at Concepts and Approaches for Mars Exploration, Houston TX, July 18-20 2000, Lunar and Planetary Institute Contribution No. 1062, pp. 189-190.
- The Mars In-Situ Propellant Production Precursor, presented at LPI Mars Missions 1999 meeting.
- Characterization of Settled Atmospheric Dust by the DART Experiment
- Footsteps to Mars in pdf form, from the Journal of the British Interplanetary Society
- Dust on Mars: Materials Adherence Experiment Results from Mars Pathfinder
- "Origin of Martian Moons from Binary Asteroid Dissociation", AAAS - 57725, American Association for Advancement of Science Annual Meeting 2002
(all are pdf files)
Papers Relating to Interstellar Travel
Search for my NASA technical reports here:
Geoffrey A. Landis
Copyright 1998, 2007